Now you have unlocked the bootloader of your OnePlus 5T. We can commence installing TWRP for OnePlus 5T followed by the Rooting Guide.
TWRP is the most popular custom recovery and widely used to change operating systems on the Android smartphones you can read more about TWRP here.
Things you’ll need
- OnePlus 5T with Unlocked Bootloader. Click here for the guide.
- Required Files
- 60% Battery, just to be on a safer side
How to Install TWRP for OnePlus 5T
here is a step by step guide for installing TWRP for OnePlus 5T.
- Boot your smartphone into Fastboot mode. Turn off your device. Then hold Volume Up and Power key together to boot into the fastboot mode.
- Install ADB drivers if you haven’t already. Follow this guide.Click here.
- Connect your OnePlus 5T to your computer.
- Then open the directory where ADB drivers were installed.
- Hold shift and right click and select “open powershell window here” or “open command window here“
- Inside that window type “fastboot devices” to check whether your smartphone is successfully connected to your computer or not.
- Download the TWRP file from the link mentioned below and paste it the ADB drivers directory.
- Rename the file as “recovery.img” for convenience.
- Now type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to install TWRP for your OnePlus 5T.
- Don’t use Reboot command.
- Either manually boot into TWRP using Volume Up and Power key or type “fastboot boot recovery.img“
- It will ask you an option to Allow System Modifications. Swipe to allow it.
- After that, you have two choices either you can boot into the system or you can root your OnePlus 5T.
- Don’t Reboot if you want to have Root Access.
Rooting OnePlus 5T
- Download the SuperSU or Magisk zip file from the links below and transfer it to your smartphone. Inside recovery mode. connect OnePlus 5T to your computer.
- Tap on Install and Then Browse the File where you transferred the zip files.
- Swipe to confirm flashing the zip files.
- Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
- Reboot to System