OnePlus 5T is the latest flagship of the company. It is a hardware refresh of OnePlus 5 and now comes with 18:9 bezel-less display the dual camera system has been changed from RGB Sensor and Telephoto Sensor to both RGB Sensors to produce brighter low light images with less noise.
Unlocking the bootloader of OnePlus 5T is the initial step to dive deep in development.
- Enable USB Debugging on your OnePlus 5T.
- Enable OEM Unlocking
- Backup data, Since this procedure, will erase all the data on your smartphone.
- The battery should be sufficiently charged.
How to Unlock the Bootloader of OnePlus 5T
Follow this step by step guide to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 5T.
Note – This will factory reset your OnePlus 5T.
- Download ADB Drivers (for Windows). Click here to download ADB Drivers.
- Install this file as Administrator. It will create a directory in C Drive.
- Turn off your smartphone.
- Hold volume up + power key together to boot into fastboot mode.
- Connect your OnePlus 5T to your computer.
- Navigate to c:/adb
- Hold Shift and Right Click, select “open PowerShell window here” or “open command window here“
- Type “fastboot devices” without quotes to check whether your smartphone is successfully connected or not.
- Then type “fastboot oem unlock” after this, you will see a message on your phone.
- Select “Yes” on your phone by navigating using the volume keys and press “Power Key” to confirm your selection.
- Your phone will reboot and show you a secure boot error. Reboot into Stock Recovery and Wipe all the data. To boot into Stock recovery hold volume down + power key together to boot into recovery mode.
- Reboot your phone.
Now you have unlocked the bootloader of OnePlus 5T